WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF THE XCENTRIC RIPPER?
Some of its main applications are: excavation in quarries, construction, ditches, permafrost, tunnelling, demolition, recycling (slags), mining and works under water.
The Xcentric Ripper is one of the most productive tools for excavation and extraction of rock, and exceeds in most cases the productivity achieved with the hydraulic hammer. The main applications are:
- QUARRY: XR42, Italy, fractured limestone, Doosan excavator –> VIDEO
- TRENCHING: XR40, Spain, trenching for water pipeline –> VIDEO
- CONSTRUCTION AND TUNNELING: XR40, France, underground limestone quarry, Hitachi excavator –> VIDEO
- FROZEN GROUND (PERMAFROST): XR30, Canada, Permafrost excavation for gas pipeline project, Komatsu exavator –> VIDEO
- UNDERWATER: XR50, Estonia, rock extraction –> VIDEO
It is also a very useful attachment in demolition works, such as:
The Xcentric Ripper holds very high temperatures, so it can be used in recycling jobs such as:
- SLAGS – STAINLESS STEEL: XR40, Belgium, remove slag and waste of stainless steel production, Caterpillar exvacator –> VIDEO
- SLAGS – STEEL MILL: XR40, Luxembourg, recycling residues steel mill, Caterpillar excavator –> VIDEO
- SLAGS – GARBAGE INCINERATOR: XR40, The Netherlands, slags of garbage incinerator electricity plant, Caterpillar excavator –> VIDEO
- HOT SLAGS: XR20, Spain, break away hot slags in Steel Mill –> VIDEO
The Xcentric Ripper can work underwater without making any type of modification in its structure, as you can see in these examples:
The new series called ‘Mining Series’ is focused on mining . The working technology is basically the same as in the standard version, not so the mechanics which has been strengthened to get a greater impact at a lower frequency, greatly increasing its performance in hard rock: